- 2 large tart green apples
- 1 medium celeriac
- Medium handful of pea shoots, about 1 oz
- 1/4 cup toasted and chopped hazelnuts
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS hazelnut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the rough exterior off the celeriac, and cut the inner white part into thin matchsticks.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Have ready a bowl of ice water ready.
- When water is boiling, put in cut celeriac and blanch until al dente, about 30 seconds, depending on the size of the pieces. Immediately scoop out with slotted spoon and shock in ice water.
- Drain and dry.
- Cut apples in small cubes. Wash and dry pea shoots.
- Put cider vinegar in large bowl. Slowly add hazelnut oil in thin stream while whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add celeriac, apple, pea shoots, and hazelnuts to bowl. Toss with vinaigrette.
- Gently mound salad on a plate. Sprinkle top with a few more nuts.