- 1 Loaf of Bread
- 10 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 Onions – chopped
- 4 Celery Stalks – chopped
- 2 Fennel Bulbs – chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dried Sage
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Bell’s Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts – chopped
- 2 Cups Low Salt Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 3 Eggs – beaten
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil Spray
- On the day you will prepare the stuffing, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the cubed bread in a big bowl and add the cranberries and walnuts.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet and add the onion, celery and fennel along with a 1/2 tsp salt and a several grinds of black pepper.
- Sauté over medium heat until translucent – about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sage, thyme and Bell’s seasoning.
- Pour this mixture over the bread along with the melted butter, chicken stock, eggs, 1/2 tsp salt and several grinds of black pepper, toss well.
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray. Grab about 1 cup of stuffing in your hands and pressing firmly, allowing juices to be released start to form a ball about the size of a baseball and place each one in the well of a muffin tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a bit, then gently ease each muffin out of the tin.
Makes 12-14 muffins
Two days before you will make the stuffing, cut the bread into cubes and put them in a paper bag so that it can dry out a little. Leave the the bag on your kitchen counter and give it a shake every now and then.