- 1 1/2 lbs Fish Fillets, such as halibut, striped bass or flounder – cut into 4 pieces
- 1 Bunch Garlic Scapes
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter – softened
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Bunch Baby Fennel
- 8 Fingerling Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Herbs, such as basil, dill, chervil or tarragon – chopped
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the garlic scapes in long thin strips.
- Slice the fennel into thin slices. A mandolin works wonderfully to produce even, paper thin slices.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise a bit thicker than the fennel.
- Place 4 sheets of 14″ x 16″ parchment paper on a countertop, brush the paper with the softened butter and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Line the center of each sheet of parchment with the potato and fennel slices then drizzle them with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper as well and place on top of the potatoes. Pile the garlic scapes on top of the fish. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
- Fold the paper over and tuck the ends under to make a sealed package.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve one pouch to each person allowing them to cut the paper open at the table inhaling the mellow garlic goodness as the steam escapes.
This can also be prepared in a foil pouch and cooked on a charcoal grill.