Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 8 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots – finely sliced
- 1 Cup of Fresh Mozzarella – diced
- 1/2 Cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano – grated
- Several thin slices of Ripe Tomato
- Several Fresh Basil leaves – chopped
- Arrange one rack in the middle of the oven and one rack several inches below the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs together with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots. Sprinkle with a little salt & pepper, sauté until soft and golden, 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the eggs over the shallots and stir to combine. Evenly distribute the cheeses over the top of the eggs. Tilt the pan and lift the edges of the frittata to allow the eggs to run underneath. Cook until the edges are set but the center is still soft and jiggles, 2-3 minutes. Arrange the tomato slices over the top of the eggs and place the skillet into the oven on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes or until the frittata has puffed up slightly and almost completely set in the center.
- Change the oven setting to turn the broiler on, move the skillet to the top rack for 2 minutes or until the center of the frittata is completely set and the top is lightly browned. Remove from the oven. Slide a spatula around the edges and slide (or invert) the frittata onto a wood cutting board or a plate.
- Season the tomatoes with a bit of salt, sprinkle the basil over the top. Slice and serve.