The flavor of this elk stroganoff is like none other. The elk meat adds more flavor to the already rich tasting meal. This dish can be prepared on the stove top over a low flame too. You won’t be able to resist a nibble here and there as the delicious aroma fills the air.
Elk meat can be used in just about any recipe calling for beef. In this stroganoff recipe, you will find your elk meat is so tender, it practically melts in your mouth.
- 2 lbs cubed elk meat – Rock-N-Pinkster Farm
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 16 oz container of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp of Worschestire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of egg noodles
- Place the cubed meat in a crock pot.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, soup, worschestire sauce and water.
- Mix well until combined.
- Turn your crock pot setting to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes and add to the hot cooked stroganoff.
- Mix well until cream cheese is melted and thoroughly combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Cook noodles to desired consistency as specified on package label.
Serve stroganoff over cooked noodles.
Recipe from: WideOpenSpaces Pintrest page.