Maple Grilled Peaches on Rosemary Skewers
Grill these skewered peaches over the embers leftover from a dinner cooked on the grill. I always like a little something sweet after dinner and this satisfies that craving. They are simple to prepare but surprisingly tasty.
- 2 Peaches
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Rosemary
- 2-3 Tbsp Maple Syrup – the darker the better
- Cut the peaches into wedges.
- Strip the bottom leaves off of the rosemary sprigs and save them for another use.
- Pour the maple syrup onto a plate or shallow bowl. Dredge the peach wedges in the syrup then thread the rosemary sprig through each one.
- Place the peach skewers on the grill for about 4 minutes each side.
- The time will vary depending upon the heat coming off the coals, but you want the peaches to char ever so slightly.
- Transfer the peaches to a platter and drizzle with the remaining maple syrup.
- Pull the rosemary sprig through the peach wedge before eating to release some of rosemary flavor into the peach.
* As an alternative, you can dredge the peaches in granulated sugar instead of maple syrup. You could use wooden skewers or just place the wedges directly on the grill without any skewer at all.
Makes 16 skewers