Shredded Brussels sprouts are coated in a sweet champagne vinaigrette and topped with crunchy walnuts and juicy cranberries!
- lb. Brussels sprouts ends removed
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1/4 c. sparkling wine* sweet type (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. walnuts coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c. dried cranberries
- After removing the ends of the Brussels sprouts, place a handful at a time into a food processor fitted with a thin slicing attachment. Repeat with the remaining sprouts. Place sprouts in a large bowl.
- Cut the apple into pieces small enough to fit into the food processor. Remove the slicing attachment from the processor and place the shredding attachment. Shred the apple pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine champagne, lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, orange juice and salt. Whisk until combined.Pour ½ of the champagne vinaigrette over the salad. Refrigerate salad for one hour, and no longer than 4 hours, before serving. You can either keep vinaigrette at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Add as much or as little of the remaining vinaigrette as you prefer just before serving.
- Top shredded Brussels sprouts with walnuts and cranberries and enjoy!
You can use a sweet wine or even try substituting apple cider vinegar.
If you don’t have a processor and still want to make these shredded Brussels sprouts, you can always slice the sprouts by hand. Just know it will take you a bit longer!