Less is more – Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 1/2 lb Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunks of more or less the same size.
- Put them in a saucepan and cover with water by 1 inch.
- Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook uncovered until fork tender.
- Turn off the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the sauce pan.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add it to the sweet potatoes along with the maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
- Beat with a mixer until smooth.