- 4 cups of baby kale (Spinach, Collards, or other leafy green vegetable), washed, stems removed and roughly torn by hand
- 1 bunch beats, boiled or roasted, peeled and sliced
- 2 ounces of creamy feta cheese (a more delicate creamy version of feta that I have found here in Queens)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (or olive oil)
Place kale, beets and cheese in a salad bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the dressing.
Toss the salad with 2 tablespoons of the dressing in your salad bowl , reserving the rest of the dressing —you will have leftovers—for the next salad!