- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 ¼ Pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 (32 oz.) bottle apple juice
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ pound pumpkin meat, chopped
- 1 Large apple, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons crème fraiche
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the pork tenderloin with cinnamon and place in a dish. Cover with apple juice and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the pumpkin meat and apple, and sauté quickly. Add ¼ cup apple juice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cook until the liquid is evaporated and the pumpkin cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the crème fraiche and season to taste.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven broiler. Drain tenderloin and place it in a greased ovenproof dish. Brush it with maple syrup and sprinkle cinnamon. Place the dish on a rack 4 inches away from the broiler.
- Broil for 6 minutes, turn over, and continue to broil for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- Slice and serve with the creamed pumpkin.
Recipe from: Hatherleigh. Farmstand favorites, pumpkins, over 75 farm fresh recipes. Hobart, New York, Hatherleigh Press, 2010.