- 2 Cups coarse-ground polenta (not instant)
- 4 Cups homemade stock, chicken, turkey or vegetable
- 6-8 large shallots, cut in wedges
- 4 oz goat cheese (I used a goat queso blanc)
- 2 large bunches of greens (spinach, dandelion, tatsoi, kale, chard), about 12 oz roughly chopped
- Bring the stock to a boil. Gradually whisk in polenta, and return to a gentle boil.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until grains are at desired softness, polenta has thickened, and excess liquid has been absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You may add a tablespoon or two of butter or olive oil to add some richness.
Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil in a wide pan.
Add shallots and cook over medium-low heat, slowly, until slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes.
Increase heat and add greens, and sauté just until wilted. Season with salt.
Spoon polenta on plates. Top with greens and shallots. Crumble goat cheese on top.