Try different flavor combinations. Olive oil with rosemary and sea salt or chile infused oil to make a pleasantly spicy batch of popcorn, this batch is made with a few bulbs of Rocambole garlic. There are many options you can try, but my favorite kind of endorsement is the clean plate testimonial.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove – sliced paper thin with a garlic slicer
- 1/2 Cup Popcorn Kernels
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt – ground to a fine powder in a mortar & pestle
- Place a 3 quart saucepan over low heat, add the olive oil and garlic slices.
- Simmer the garlic slices in the oil for several minutes to allow the garlic flavor to infuse into the oil.
- Just as the garlic begins to turn golden, turn the heat up to medium high and add the popcorn kernels.
- Shake the pan to distribute them across the bottom in one even layer.
- Sprinkle the salt over the top and place the lid on the pan.
- When the kernels begin to pop, shake the pan over the flame frequently.
- When the popping slows, pour the popped corn into a large bowl.