- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray the inside of a 9×13 casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray. Place asparagus in the dish and lightly spray spears with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and garlic powder.
- Roast in preheated oven until fork easily punctures thickest part of stem, about 12 minutes.
The best way to keep fresh asparagus for a long while in the refrigerator is to slice off the stems and then stand them in a bowl with a couple of inches of water in the bottom. It keeps for a very long time this way. Add water as necessary.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.