Parsnip Fries with Roasted Garlic Aioli
1 lb Parsnips
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Fresh Thyme – stems removed
Salt & Pepper
Ingredients for Roasted Garlic Aioli:
6 Cloves of Roasted Garlic
1 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
7 oz Canola Oil
Pinch of Kosher Salt
2 Egg Yolks – at room temperature
1 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Water
1 Pinch Dry Mustard
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove the tops of the parsnips and discard.
- Then peel them and cut into a fat julienne – resembling shape of thick cut French fries. This cut creates more waste than I’d like so save those scraps for Parsnip Puree.
- Toss the parsnips with the olive oil, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-30 minutes until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, start the aioli.
Directions for Roasted Garlic Aioli:
Prepare the Roasted Garlic.
- Then combine 1 oz of olive oil with 7 oz of canola oil, set aside.
- Remove 6 cloves of softened garlic from the roasted head of garlic. (If you’ll be checking back to make the Parsnip Puree, then you’ll want to save the remaining roasted garlic cloves).
- Place them on a cutting board with a pinch of kosher salt and work into a paste using the back of a knife.
- In a blender, add the eggs yolks, lemon juice, water, dry mustard and the garlic paste.
- Turn on the blender and allow the ingredients to emulsify for about 30 seconds then start adding the oil in a very slow steady stream until the sauce thickens.
- You can leave it thick like this or thin with a little water to the desired consistency.
- Serve along with the Parsnip Fries.