- 1-3/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons dill seed or 4 fresh dill heads
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup canning salt
- Sterilize jars, (Pints or Quarts) Fill water bath canner, bring the jars to a boil. Tip: you can also use a dishwasher without soap, the dry cycle heat sterilized them.
- Pack beans into four hot 1-pint jars to within 1/2 in. of the top. Add cayenne, garlic and dill seed to jars.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, vinegar and salt to a boil.
- Carefully ladle hot liquid over beans, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool.