Easy Apple Tartlets
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 5 Small Apples
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- Take the puff pastry sheet, out of the freezer and set on a cutting board to thaw. When softened, unfold the sheet.
- Cut along the score marks to make 3 long rectangular sheets.
- Then cut each of those rectangles into 3 squares.
- You should have 9 squares total.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice them into thin slices.
- Place the apple slices in a big bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice along with the sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt and toss to coat.
- Place the squares of puff pastry into the wells of a cupcake pan.
- Arrange the apple slices in the puff pastry.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a little extra sugar over the tartlets while they are still warm.