- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 Cloves of Garlic – thinly sliced
- 1 Shallot – thinly sliced
- 1 Head of Broccoli Rabe – chopped
- 6 Fillets of Sundried Tomato – thinly sliced
- 1 lb Fresh Pasta (Tagliatelle or Fettuccini)
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 oz Hard Cheese for grating over the pasta
- Fill a large pot with water, add a tablespoon of salt, cover and bring to a boil over a high flame.
- Plunge the broccoli rabe into the water. Meanwhile place a large skillet over a high flame and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add the garlic and shallot with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, sauté until golden.
- Lift the broccoli rabe out of the water and add to the skillet with the garlic….clinging water is a good thing. (I use this same pot of water to cook the pasta, so keep the water in the pot, add a big pinch of salt and bring it back to a boil.)
- Add salt and pepper to the broccoli rabe, stir and allow cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the sundried tomatoes into the skillet with the broccoli rabe and continue cooking.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. Fresh pasta only takes a couple of minutes to cook.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the broccoli rabe.
- Toss well. Serve with the grated cheese.