Potatoes in the winter? When the cold weather is still here, how about something to keep you warm? Try this easy Slow-Cooker Potato & Ham Soup, which will surely be a family favorite.
Slow-Cooker Potato & Ham Soup
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 3.75 cups Shredded potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup cubed deli ham or 1 cup of chopped bacon
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk or ¾ cup of milk
- Optional: Cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, sour cream and chopped green onions
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine broth, potatoes, onion and pepper.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency.
- Whisk in cream cheese until melted. (Optional 1 cup of cheddar cheese)
- Stir in ham or bacon and milk.
- Cook, covered, until heated through, 15-20 minutes longer.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired.
Courtesy of Taste of Home recipes.