August is the perfect month to host a dinner party! Grab some local lamb from these Pure Catskills members for your gathering: Applegarth Farm, Evans & Evans Farm, Oak Hill Farm, Meat & Flowers, Nectar Hills Farm, SaJoBe Farms, or Stony Creek Farmstead.
Follow these tips for the perfectly cooked lamb!
- Choose the right cut
- Bone-in tends to have more flavor but is trickier to cut than boneless.
- Skip the marinating step
- Lamb is a naturally tender meat, so marinating it can make it tougher. Instead use herbs, garlic, mustard, or a spice rub.
- Use a meat thermometer for your desired level of doneness
- 125°F for Rare
- 130°F to 135°F for Medium-Rare
- 135°F to 140°F for Medium
- 155°F to 165°F for Well-Done
- Let the meat rest after cooking for about 20 minutes
- Always slice against the grain for tenderness