Garlic Storing: Unbroken garlic bulbs can last up to 4 months if kept in a cool, dark, and dry location. Dampness can affect the quality of garlic and how long it lasts so avoid storing garlic near the stove or sink. Individual cloves of garlic can last up to 10 days if stored in a dry, cool location as well. Your Catskill fresh garlic can also be frozen several different ways- follow these ideas on how to freeze garlic below!
1. Freeze the garlic whole
• Place your unpeeled garlic in the freezer and you will be able to unpeel the heads and remove cloves as you need them.
2. Freeze chopped garlic in plastic wrap
• Place chopped or crushed garlic in plastic wrap and wrap tightly then place in freezer. You can then grate or break off what you need as you need garlic.
3. Freeze fresh peeled garlic
• Freshly peeled garlic cloves can be covered with oil and stored in the freezer in an air tight container.
Click here to find some Pure Catskill members who are currently selling fresh garlic purecatskills.com; you can also find these members at many different Local Farmers Markets throughout the Catskills!