With longer days headed our way it is an egg-laying hen's afternoon delight! Grab some local eggs at many of our local farm stands. Check out our Pure Catskills member nearest you here: https://www.purecatskills.com/find-local-food/farm-stores. As always, call or check for availability online before showing up!
Here’s a great recipe for your April happenings this month:
Deviled Egg Recipe:
-12 – Eggs – Hard boiled – (makes 24 deviled eggs)
-¼ cup – Mayonnaise
-1 tsp – Yellow mustard
-1 tsp – Horseradish
-1/8 tsp – Salt
-Paprika for garnish
– Place your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and set aside 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water bath.
– Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels.
– Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter.
– Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt and mix well with a fork.
– Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.