With longer days and warmer nights headed our way it is an egg-laying hen’s afternoon delight! Grab some farm fresh eggs from Abbas Acres, Applegarth Farm & Pottery, Black Willow Pond Farm, East Durham Farm, Glenanore Farm, Cooper’s Ark Farm, Horton Hill Farm, Foxtail Community Farm, RambleBramble Farm, Heather Ridge Farm, Butchie’s Organic Farm, and many more Pure Catskills members. Here’s a great recipe for your April happenings this month!
Deviled Egg Recipe:
-12 – Eggs – Hard boiled – (makes 24 deviled eggs)
-¼ cup – Mayonnaise
-1 tsp – Yellow mustard
-1 tsp – Horseradish
-1/8 tsp – Salt
-Paprika for garnish
– Place your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and set aside 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water bath.
– Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels.
– Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter.
– Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt, and mix well with a fork.
– Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.