Roasted garlic and herb potatoes, asparagus, carrots, onions, and sausage all prepared on one sheet pan. An easy family-friendly meal.
• 1 pound baby red potatoes
• 8 ounces petite baby carrots
• 1 teaspoon of EACH dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano, and paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• Salt and cracked pepper
• 1/4 cup olive oil separated
• 8 ounces (2 cups) asparagus
• 1/2 large yellow onion
• 1 package (13 ounces) sausage from Catskill Food Company, Horton Hill Farm, Stone and Thistle Farm, Buck Hill Farm and Nectar Hills Farm.
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
• Optional: fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a very large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil for easier clean-up (optional).
2. Halve the baby red potatoes (or cube if they are larger). In a small bowl, mix together all of the seasonings: the dried basil, thyme, oregano, paprika, onion powder, and salt + pepper (I use a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of each). Mix together.
3. Place the halved red potatoes and baby carrots on the sheet pan. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and half of the seasoning mix on top. Toss to combine and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the asparagus by trimming the ends and cutting into 2 inch pieces. Thinly slice the yellow onion. Coin the sausage.
5. Remove the potatoes and carrots from the oven and using a spatula push them to one side of the pan. On the other side add in the chopped asparagus, sliced onion, sausage, and minced garlic. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining seasoning mix. Toss to combine and then toss those ingredients with the potatoes and carrots.
6. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until veggies are roasted to your desired preference. Top the dish with freshly grated parmesan and fresh parsley as desired.
7. Enjoy immediately.
Recipe and Photo from Chelsea's Messy Apron