- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. soy sauce, gluten free
For the Roasted Veggies:
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle 1-2 T. olive oil on a baking sheet and spread peppers and onions out evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake vegetables for 10-12 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Make sure not to cook them all of the way.
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, uncovered. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Assembly:
- Pound flank steak to ½ - ¾ inch thick. Cut flank steak into 6 even slices. (About 2-3 inches wide.)
- Place even amounts of cooked vegetables towards the end of each piece of steak. Roll up and secure with two toothpicks. (As pictured below.)
Cooking the Roll-Ups:
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet drizzle an additional 1-2 T. olive oil in the skillet. Sear rolls on all four sides for at least 1-2 minutes, totaling about 8 minutes.
- Place seared steak rolls in a baking dish and cover with the balsamic glaze.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes (depending on level of doneness desired.)
- Serve with side dish of choice and enjoy!