Comfrey, commonly referred to as 'knit bone', has been used for centuries as a healing medicinal with numerous subdermal treatment benefits:
- decreases pain from sprains
- promotes healing of broken bones
- relieves arthritic pain
- mitigates Trigger Finger symptoms, reducing their severity, frequency and duration
- revives pulled muscles, tendons and ligaments
- facilitates treatment of burns, abrasions and skin irritations, including sunburn
- alleviates inflammation from insect bites and bee stings
- repairs sensitive, inflamed toenail infections and paronychia
Catskills Comfrey is an herbal liniment consisting of coconut and olive oils, infused with non-certified organic, dried comfrey grown on our small farm. The entire manufacturing process, from planting and harvesting the comfrey to infusing the comfrey into the oils and packaging, is done in Delaware County.
Essentially, comfrey leaves and root contain allantoin, which encourages growth of new skin cells and increases white blood cells. Allantoin is commonly found in cosmetic creams and lotions - but a principal source of allantoin for the cosmetic industry is from comfrey. Mucilage, an effective and known moisturizer, is also found in high concentrations. With Catskills Comfrey, you get the direct benefit of comfrey - and all of its unique abilities to fight and reduce subdermal inflammation.
Infused comfrey has a unique, earthy, healthy smell. When applied, the liniment 'melts' instantaneously from the heat of your hand - and the subtle smell of comfrey disappears within minutes as the oils are absorbed into your skin.
Comfrey appears particularly effective in treating the symptoms of 'Trigger Finger': the severity, intensity and frequency of finger- and thumb-lock and spasms can be significantly reduced, allowing the otherwise 'tightened' ligaments to release and 'flow' more smoothly.
DO NOT APPLY TO OPEN WOUNDS OR INGEST ORALLY.
LINKS ABOUT COMFREY
- Mother Earth News
- Comfrey: Wound Healer and Cancer Fighter
- Controversial Comfrey: Super Healer or Lethal Poison?
- Comfrey Ointment May Relieve Back Pain And Arthritis Symptom
- Comfrey Oil: Beneficial or Merely Controversial?
- Herbs are Special
- Fox News: Topical Rescue from a Skin-healing Plant
- Is Allantoin a Miracle Product?
- Herbal Encyclopedia: Comfrey
- Comfrey, An All-Time Favorite Herb for Burns and Wounds
- Help Your Eyesight (comfrey high in lutein)
- Homeopathy Research Institute (bone fractures)
- Purdue University Alternative Field Crop Manual: Comfrey (read 2nd paragraph, Section II, Uses)
Catskills Comfrey liniment